View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #41
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popup View Post
No, no connector, but there's the footprint.
It would indeed. How does one attach a serial port? I suppose it requires some soldering, but that's not the end of the world.
(I might not have much time in the near future, but it would indeed be an interesting project. In my day-job I work a lot with low-level debugging of embedded CPUs, but I'm more involved in the software side of things.)
There is no serial port connector after you remove the connector from touching the serial port pads, but when properly assembled and closed, there is an external serial port connector on a K3. It is in the lower slot on the left edge. You do not need to open it to access the serial port. You need a plug to fit it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99177

It may be quicker to open it and solder to the pads for those serial pins if you are in a hurry.

EDIT: Of course, the serial port pads that the serial port connector touches on the board ARE on the upper right of the board as knc1 said if you hold your kindle upside down.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-12-2012 at 05:02 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote