View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #16
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Anyway, back to the default question:

Create non-fiction pamphlet on Linux?

Completely depends on what type of documents.

Have any sample images/documents of what you're aiming for?

Is this going to be text-heavy? Or are you going to create tons of images with floating bubbles, multi-page spreads? etc. etc.

Why did you choose LyX initially, just because you wanted a WYSIWYM editor? And you didn't know enough pure LaTeX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Agreed. I haven't been very happy with ePubs produced in LibreOffice, but I've got an older version so I thought maybe things had improved with the newer versions. I've had a lot better luck importing the LO Writer file (in native format) to Calibre and then converting to ePub from there.
EPUB output was JUST added in LibreOffice v6.

v6.1 added a few more tweaks:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/....1#EPUB_export

like Metadata, Footnotes, slightly better image handling.

But it is still VERY rough (and nothing close to something coming out of Calibre ODT/DOCX->EPUB, or as clean as Toxaris's EPUB Tools). Like I mentioned, it's pretty much just the XHTML that's been coming out of LibreOffice for a while now, just plopped into an EPUB wrapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Quote:
The EPUB export will be removed. Since vesion 6, LibreOffice features a native EPUB export. It is expected that this will evolve into a suitable alternative to the EPUB export in Writer2LaTeX. Writer2LaTeX 1.6 will still be maintained for users relying on the EPUB export.
Which will be me until the built-in comes up to standard. I've had a very good run with Writer2xhtml, I think it creates an excellent starting position for final clean up in Sigil.
That's sad to hear. Because yeah, the current LibreOffice EPUB Export is... not up to standards yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Given the popularity of WordStar back then I would have thought there would be more obvious support being added to open-source projects. Did WordStar users not become software developers? The closest I can find is this:
Wordstar shortcuts for Writer.
NotJohn brought up WordStar over the years.

Last time he brought it up, I pointed out emacs with "WordStar emulation mode":

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...31#post3471831

Since cootcraig using vim, I assume there's something similar. (vim and emacs can do EVERYTHING!)

Side Note: And earliest I remember is 2015, when we were poking a little fun at him:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=259529

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 10-06-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote