View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #695
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
As some of stated, font choice makes a difference. People have raved about the Nook's font and I wouldn't find having an option to import my own fonts into the reader.
Adobe's default font for mobile ADE is not the crispest and is always serif (their sans-serif is better, perhaps because Sans Serif is harder to screw up). You can use your own fonts on the DR800SG in ePubs, but you have to edit each ePub's CSS, see (off topic) FBReader Release for the DR1000S.

I don't know why most vendors stick with Adobe's fonts - they are totally free to switch to better default fonts. Bookeen and B&N have user selectable default fonts for ePubs, which is the best approach of all.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote