View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 12:17 AM   #1
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
The end of "THE END"?

Should I get rid of "THE END" in a vintage text?

I've started doing some Thomas C. Hinkle horse titles for the MobileRead.com library. Only one done so far, Dapple Gray, but I have several in the scanned/OCR'd stage.

The Hinkle titles I own are all early editions. I generally like to channel what is practical of the vintage look and I suppose when it's not terribly practical (i.e. drop caps), I'll borrow styling from a different title.

But, some titles have a "THE END" after the story finishes, some don't.

For consistency, I'm thinking to dump "THE END" from all as it feels a little old-fashioned for an ebook, especially ones that will have to have modernized covers, since the only the text is known to be public domain for MobileRead.

Or is that a text "modernization" that folks here won't like? Or is it something children really DO like to see?
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote