View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The way I look at it, if you want to have control on MR, then you do the work. If you want to take the lazy way out, then give up control. An image you see in the message has already been downloaded from were it came from. So you right click, select to save the image, delete the image, upload as an attachment and be done. Not a problem as I see it.
Most of the images I see posted are screen shots, so the OP can more easily upload to MR while they're composing their post instead of uploading it to some crappy ad infested image host, copying the full size link and putting that into their post.

I usually give the poster notice, either in the thread or via PM, if they don't rectify within a reasonable period then I remove the images, case in point https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285087

I can't recall anyone ever posting a thumbnail from an external image host, even if the image host used provides thumbnail links. Posting full size images is much the same as typing thread titles in capitals - narcissistic, I change upper case titles to title case.

@theducks - I'm with you - MR thumbnails only, the exception is in PM's where you're forced to use an external host - even then I use a thumbnail.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-04-2017 at 05:57 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote