View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #46
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwhitfield View Post
I've stuffed all the titles I used for my Amazon/Waterstones comparison into WH Smith as well now.

Key figures, for my collection of 36 books, bought May 2009-June 2010, originally costing £205.56 adjusted for the UK VAT change. To buy them all now:

Waterstones: £239.59
WH Smith: £205.61
Kindle store UK: £158.97

In every case, Amazon is cheaper than Waterstones, as is WH Smith. In three cases, Amazon is more expensive than WH Smith, by 9p, 48p and 3p on the titles concerned.
Beyond the price, the biggest drawback I found with Waterstones was the limit of a single download, I had a couple of books that didn't download properly initially and had the hassle of dealing with customer support just to get what I had paid for.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote