Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 12-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Ilium eWallet 5.0 available

Ilium has just released version 5.0 of eWallet for PalmOS, Windows Mobile, Windows Smartphone and Windows desktop.

Only a handful of core programs can truly be called essentials for a PDA or smartphone, and in my opinion this is one of them. Keeping passwords securely and conveniently on a mobile device is one of the most important functions, and it's usually not well supported with built-in software. In addition, automatically having an encrypted backup on your home PC is important in case the device is ever broken or lost. In this day and age of passwords everywhere, you can't remember them all, and keeping them unencrypted is asking for trouble.

One of the main reasons I like eWallet is that there is a version for PalmOS and Windows Mobile, so switching platforms is seamless. I already made the move that way from Windows Mobile to PalmOS using eWallet, and it was very nice to have one less thing to worry about.

Ilium has made everything simple to use, and you can either do the fancy cards for a nice graphic representation of each account/password, or you can throw them in as text lists like I do for simplicity.

A summary of the improvements included in eWallet 5.0:
- Synchronize with as many wallets with as many PCs and devices as you want
- Synchronize with servers and other PCs on a network
- Synchronize to other folders on the same PC for automated backups
- Synchronize to removable storage devices (USB, removable hard drives, etc.)
- Synchronize with remote locations via FTP
- Built-in online backup/viewing capability through FilesAnywhere sync
- Brand new sync setup interface
- Full support for Vista and Mobile Device Center
- All new icon set
- Four self-installing icon packs
- eWallet Companion step-by-step help tool
- Graphics, icons, and sounds stored in My Documents now making it easier to customize
- "No Password Needed" wallet option

You might also want to take a look at some of the other well-known products they offer, like ListPro or NewsBreak.