Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
shopintheusa
Enthusiast
shopintheusa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Nook content in Australia

Any idea where I can find ebooks for my Nook here in Australia? Thanks...
shopintheusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopintheusa View Post
Any idea where I can find ebooks for my Nook here in Australia? Thanks...
Register your B&N account with an US shipping and billing address.
You can use any address, google something. The billing address is not verified with your credit card company, so this will work fine.
Use a VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50) to get an US ip-address.

This way you can buy ebooks at B&N on your PC.
First start the VPN, than go to the B&N website and buy the books.
If your Nook has a Wifi connection you can download the books by choosing "check for new B&N content". Otherwise use the USB connection to copy the books to the My Documents folder on the Nook.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
shopintheusa
Enthusiast
shopintheusa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Register your B&N account with an US shipping and billing address.
You can use any address, google something. The billing address is not verified with your credit card company, so this will work fine.
Use a VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50) to get an US ip-address.

This way you can buy ebooks at B&N on your PC.
First start the VPN, than go to the B&N website and buy the books.
If your Nook has a Wifi connection you can download the books by choosing "check for new B&N content". Otherwise use the USB connection to copy the books to the My Documents folder on the Nook.
I have no US credit card or billing address. So I cannot buy any ebooks for the Nook here in AU?
shopintheusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
As geertm said, B7N don't check your credit card, so your Australian credit card should work fine (My NZ card works fine).

As for a US address, google is your friend. You should be able to use any mail forwarder shipping address for example.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
Yeah, following on what they said, I live in Oz and use Microsoft's address rather cheekily...
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 AM   #6
bleugh
Enthusiast
bleugh began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I use fictionwise, works a treat and I've a few subscriptions too :-P
(I'm in Sydney)
bleugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:00 AM   #7
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
What's the favoured format / sizing for the Nook ?

Most of our stuff we've just put in as 'standard/generic' ePub and mobi - but it'd be good to know what is preferred for other more common devices.

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
try kobo, fictionwise and Sony Bookstores
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote