Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

View Poll Results: When will the nook 2 release?
September, baby! 1 1.64%
October....boo! 7 11.48%
November; please pass the turkey. 9 14.75%
December Ho ho ho! 6 9.84%
Early 2011 (Should old devices be forgot, and never thought upon ) 12 19.67%
Not anytime in the near future, they're just going to release new software updates for the original nook. 23 37.70%
Never! Barnes & Noble is going DOWN 3 4.92%
What's a nook? 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Question When will the nook 2 release?

What's your best guess?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
What's your best guess?
My best guess is "too late." BN should already have released a new nook. But looking at their financial troubles, I think a new nook is the least of their worries. Well, I have been waiting for a new nook like for 2 months. As soon as the kindle is available at Staples I think I will grab one. So there is still a little hope.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
It would be nice if they would just announce it, so I can go ahead and return my Kindle 3.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
It's sad to say but I think B&N is playing a game they don't understand. It fees like they jumped on the eInk bandwagon to stay relevant but didn't expect it to be such a bumpy ride.

I think a year between major hardware revisions is a bit rushed. Still they should release something like a 1.5 everything the same but with the new pearl screen.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow, the results so far are interesting. I'm surprised at the number of people predicting no new nook 2 in the near future. So far we have 19 thinking it will come out sometime soon, split between different months, and 14 who think it won't be anytime soon.

I picked October. My guess is it will be either October or November. It was in one thread here that someone talked to someone from B&N and they insinuated a new one is on its way. I think if that's true, they will want to release it before the holidays, and since it seems that once one is "released" it still takes around a month before they're actually available, my best guess is October.

It's going to be interesting to see what actually happens!
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Waiting until next year will be a costly mistake. They can't afford to miss the holiday season ...again.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I guess not now http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...l-on-the-nook/
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That doesn't paint a pretty picture. Amazon, Apple, and Sony have deep pockets and can easily afford physical ereaders.

Could explain why B&N only advertises apps and never its ereader.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
TrvlrsChick
Enthusiast
TrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That doesn't paint a pretty picture. Amazon, Apple, and Sony have deep pockets and can easily afford physical ereaders.

Could explain why B&N only advertises apps and never its ereader.
I would hardly say they never advertise. The Nook is front and center at bn.com, the posters are all over the store... I don't think I've ever seen Sony advertise their eReader.
TrvlrsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrvlrsChick View Post
I would hardly say they never advertise. The Nook is front and center at bn.com, the posters are all over the store... I don't think I've ever seen Sony advertise their eReader.
I've never seen a Nook ad outside of their website; but I have seen lots of ads for their mobile apps and NookStudy all over tech websites.

Sony can afford not to advertise. They have money. Just look how big and diversified the Sony empire is.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 AM   #11
bleugh
Enthusiast
bleugh began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Lol, the Nook 1's only been out for most people for 7-8 months tops...
bleugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleugh View Post
Irrelevant, because it's specs and price are now behind the Kindle. It won't fair well this holiday season.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #13
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleugh View Post
Huh? For most people? It was announced last October and released last November.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #14
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Huh? For most people? It was announced last October and released last November.
However unless you pre-ordered it you couldn't (or was really hard to) get a hold of it until around Jan/Feb. That's where he's coming up w/ those numbers.
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
However unless you pre-ordered it you couldn't (or was really hard to) get a hold of it until around Jan/Feb. That's where he's coming up w/ those numbers.
Yeah, and that cost them customers over the holidays. Who wants to wake up Christmas morning and see a gift wrapped IOU for a Nook still a month or two away?

Tags
nook 2, release date