Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Collections question.

I am sure it is simple, and I am missing the obvious, but here goes...

After adding a book to a collection, the book still appears individually in my library and shows in my collection. How do I remove the listing of the book in my library so it only appears in my collection?
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDad6 View Post
I am sure it is simple, and I am missing the obvious, but here goes...

After adding a book to a collection, the book still appears individually in my library and shows in my collection. How do I remove the listing of the book in my library so it only appears in my collection?
The only way I know of is to sort by collection.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
And it came to pass, the heavens parted and the light shown forth from above; those that were ignorant became full of knowledge.

Thanks!
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The only way I know of is to sort by collection.
well... 2.5.2 here, and it does not seem so: the collections come first, followed by the books which I put inside them

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
well... 2.5.2 here, and it does not seem so: the collections come first, followed by the books which I put inside them

alessandro
On mine (2.5.2) if sorting by collections I get the collections followed by the books I haven't put in collections yet. :shrugs:
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
sorry about that -I just re-checked: strangely enough, the Kindle needed a lot of time to reupdate itself.
Now, as you say, it just shows the books not filed in the collections.

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
I was looking forward to using collections but it appears they do not sync between my two kindles. I'm not thrilled with having to do all that work twice. I had hoped they'd sync...
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote