Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Smart Devices to release new E-reader - the R7

crossposted from The Digital Reader

I just came across information on Smart Devices' latest product. The latest addition to their line of 7" tablets is going to be an e-reader. The new device will have a 7" LCD touch screen with a resolution of 800x600. I think there's something funky about that screen dimension; I don't think anyone makes a screen that shape. I don't know about the price or when it will be available,but when I get more info I will post it.

I'm not really looking forward to the R7. The first gen tablet is quite good as an e-reader, and the R7 will have to be pretty spectacular to justify the extra cost.

source
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I have a 7 inch android device on its way to me to try. It has a 7 inch 800 x 480 display. thats generally the norm. but a quick look around found several displays that size for instance

http://www.bargain-camera.com/store/...2&bestseller=Y

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 04-07-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
thcrw739
Enthusiast
thcrw739 began at the beginning.

Device: Texet EZB890/Skytone A700
800x600 isn't that common but it is around, take windows ce devices, like viewsonic tablets, psion netbook pro.. etc.
thcrw739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
I have a 7 inch android device on its way to me to try. It has a 7 inch 800 x 480 display. thats generally the norm. but a quick look around found several displays that size for instance

http://www.bargain-camera.com/store/...2&bestseller=Y
WVGA (800x480) is standard for 7" LCD, yes, but the R7 doesn't have it. That's the whole point.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Slightly bizarre that their press release has a couple of photos of the iPad...
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
Slightly bizarre that their press release has a couple of photos of the iPad...
They cloned so quick - they had no time to make there own photos .
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Well, the screen size seems right, as they're expressly talking about a 4:3 screen in the original source.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote