Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
Gus Flory
Enthusiast
Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Greetings from the Roga System

Hello,

I am the author of GALAXY OF HEROES and I'd like to introduce my military sci-fi novel to potential readers.

If you like action, adventure and military science fiction, you might enjoy my book, which is available on Kindle for 99 cents.

Product Description:

GALAXY OF HEROES

A conspiracy against humanity. A breathtakingly beautiful cyborg. A battle like no other. An adventure you won't forget!

The lives of four space drifters intersect on a planet of hope as the most powerful war machine in the galaxy approaches, threatening to consume them all in a storm of metal and fire.

Capt. Jace Spade is a fighter pilot from the Roga System. He is determined to find his maker—the enigmatic Dr. Zander—even if his search means risking all in the conflagrations of the Inner Galaxy.

Capt. Mina Casey is also a fighter pilot, but from an advanced human civilization that arose in the Heliac System. Capt. Casey has drifted through the void for eons as visions of a warm planet where she can sink her feet in the sand and watch the sunset filled her dreams.

Sgt. Joe Grimes—a Heliac Ranger who once lived for the thrill of the fight—is now disillusioned after the total defeat and destruction of his home world. He would leave all humanity behind if he could only get away.

Genie is a beautiful and indestructible cyborg constructed by a technologically advanced civilization for the purpose of interacting with humans. Genie is programmed to love Joe Grimes, but she longs to be free.
Gus Flory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Hi Gus Flory,

welcome with us!

Galaxy of heroes looks like a nice book.

If you want to know more about this wonderful forum give a look to this.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dear Gus Flory,

I forgot to point you to this thread which looks exactly what you are looking for.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420

Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Gus Flory, and Click image for larger version

Name:	320%20Apples%20Welcome%20Sign.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	49237 to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
Gus Flory
Enthusiast
Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!

Thank you for the welcome!

I guess I should head over to that other thread and shamelessly promote my book.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Gus!

It's always nice to authors join in our forums. We are an international forum of many devices and appreciate (and like to support) authors who take note of that.

Have you looked into publishing your book on Smashwords? Here is a very helpful page about How to Publish on Smashwords!

I have the Sony 505, but have friends with Kindles. They like to look for books on Smashwords, although they will usually then go to Amazon and purchase with whispernet.

Here are some links to information about your Kindle that you may find useful..
Links Every Kindle Owner Should Have Plus from the MR Wiki...Kindle 2 US, Int'l and Kindle DX Font Hack - Kindle 2 US, Int'l and Kindle DX Screen Saver Hack - Kindle Myths and Partial Truths - Amazon Kindle DX and some information about E-book formats

Have fun in the forums and ask if you have questions.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #8
Gus Flory
Enthusiast

Hi dreams,

I did upload my book to Smashwords a while back, but I was unhappy with the process and with how it looked compared to the Kindle, so I made it unavailable thinking I would come back to it later.

My sales are picking up steam on Kindle. I haven't heard of anyone reaching that many readers with Smashwords. But I guess I should try them again. The more outlets the better, and the owner seems to be honestly trying to make a go of it.

Thanks for the links and info!

Gus
Old 04-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #9
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Flory View Post

I guess I should head over to that other thread and shamelessly promote my book.
... and I will look up your book.

Best of everything, Gus.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #10
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Hi and welcome to MR!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Gus & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote