Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Pocketbook 302 Test

Google translation of a Russian Test Pocketbook of 302 (One pre-production model)

http://translate.google.de/translate...%2F%3Fp%3D2623
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Its a longish review but I find parts of it vague and confusing. It seems like you cant select or underline text when note taking? It also seems like the wireless is restricted to one site? That doesnt seem very attractive for international users! I guess we really need a video review. Maybe we'll get one from the CES 2010 event.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
After reading the article I think part of the issue might be the Google translation rather than a vague review. I'm sure the Russian version was quite clear. Unlike a person familiar with both languages a computer program doesn't do so well with nuances of language and I think that is what happened here. So yes, hopefully at CES next week there will be lots of reviewers posting in lots of places in languages they are fluent in. That should satisfy everybody's curiosity. Or at least raise a bunch of new questions...
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
PB is expected to be available in USA in mid-Feb. But there will be lots of reviews on CES, of course.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
PB is expected to be available in USA in mid-Feb. But there will be lots of reviews on CES, of course.
Is it the same for Europe?
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
Is it the same for Europe?
Yes.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:22 AM   #7
Hogan
Zealot

Day 2 over and no word on the PocketBook 302? Come on guys, give us some details and a nice video review
Old 01-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Day 2 over and no word on the PocketBook 302? Come on guys, give us some details and a nice video review
Hi! We are just working on it. Just a couple of days patience please
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
Hogan
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
Hi! We are just working on it. Just a couple of days patience please
Excellent. I'm really looking froward to it, as I'm sure are many others
Old 01-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Excellent. I'm really looking froward to it, as I'm sure are many others
Yeah, very much looking forward to this myself.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:31 AM   #11
hallali
Connoisseur
hallali has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hallali has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hallali has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hallali has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hallali has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Es ist das PB 302, ich schiele aber schon auf das 360
After discarding the txtr, I think about getting myself a PB 302. So I am quite curious about any tests.
hallali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #12
Hogan
Zealot

Nate posted a couple of pictures of the 302 in this thread.

The screen looks very reflective compared to the Sony Touch 600!

Was that a production unit at CES?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Actually, the reflections are from the plexiglass holder.
Look again; they extend above the reader in the landscape picture.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
the reflective screen will be replaced very soon to normal, non-reflective.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #15
Hogan
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
the reflective screen will be replaced very soon to normal, non-reflective.
Will we be able to see a video demo of the new screen and when? I'm really keen to buy an eReader now as I have been holding off for a while (too long really).

I'm down to the 302 and the Sony Touch 600. I'd like it to be the 302 but it wont be if the glare is like it is in that picture I've been waiting patiently for weeks on the reviews coming out of CES and now its 3 days after and I've yet to see anything other than those pictures.

Is the 302 really going to be out in mid February with a new non-reflective screen?