Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Skyflyer
Skyflyer will become famous soon enoughSkyflyer will become famous soon enoughSkyflyer will become famous soon enoughSkyflyer will become famous soon enoughSkyflyer will become famous soon enoughSkyflyer will become famous soon enough

Device: iriver Story
Talking Humorous eReader Showdown: Kindle vs Nook

I am a frequent visitor of satire/fake news site called bbspot.com and I found this article where they test which is best, Kindle or Nook.
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/nook-vs-kindle.html

It was a tie so I guess they are equally good. Remember, if you need to perform an emergency appendectomy you should get the Kindle.
Skyflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire

Loved this:

Names

Kindle - I don't know about you, but this name makes me think about book burning. I guess Amazon wants us all to burn our paper books and read everything on our Kindle. Great strategy for them, not so great for civilization.

Nook - This is a pleasant place where you site down to read a book. It also rhymes with "book," "look" and "cook." Does not remind me of Nazi Germany like the Kindle.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Names

Kindle - I don't know about you, but this name makes me think about book burning. I guess Amazon wants us all to burn our paper books and read everything on our Kindle. Great strategy for them, not so great for civilization.

Nook - This is a pleasant place where you site down to read a book. It also rhymes with "book," "look" and "cook." Does not remind me of Nazi Germany like the Kindle.
Now I know where he got that notion that eboosk can be compared with the book burning!

Quote:
Since this also results in a tie, the rules stipulate that Amazon and Barnes and Noble must send one of these devices to BBspot for further examination. Address available upon request.
This one made me choke on my lunch...

Last edited by Sweetpea; 12-09-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Quote:
Since this also results in a tie, the rules stipulate that Amazon and Barnes and Noble must send one of these devices to BBspot for further examination. Address available upon request.

This one made me choke on my lunch...
Reminds me of Ray & Tom on Car Talk telling you to send your answers to that week's Puzzler on the back of a $26 dollar bill!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Now I know where he got that notion that eboosk can be compared with the book burning!
My exact thought was, "oh no, not again!!"
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm now visited by nightmarish visions of my Kindles creeping onto my bookcases - with matches!!

What a lovely article - just in time to counter all those pessimistic & authoritative (?) analyses of Kindle vs Nook!!
K to you!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbspot, kindle, nook