Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 01-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Palm Treo instrumental in saving the world

Until I watched yesterday's episode of 24, it had never occured to me that a Palm Treo can be instrumental in saving the world. Jack Bauer, the self-righteous, revenge-seeking super hero we love so much, is back in the game to get rid of some annoyingly evil terrorists. See the following attached images how the Treo can be used for more than just sending e-mails and doing voice calls. You go, Palm!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Jack gets in contact with CTU the first time since his disappearance ...

... sending out some photos of the terrorists who plan on bombing Los Angeles International Airport

CTU isn't of much help, so Jack gets in contact with Chloe ...

... sending her a photo of the main evil dude who carriers detonators around his waist ...

The transmitted photo proves to be useful - Chloe can use it to figure out the trigger frequency for the detonators ...

... and a bit later she remotely reflashes Jack's Treo ...

... so Jack is ready to use his Treo for remotely triggering a small bomb, causing the little diversion he needs to subsequently save the world!

Advert
Old 01-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Yeah, I wanted to post about that, too! Don't ask me how I came to see this episode, though.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I love the "System Ready" screenshot with the US eagle. Do you think I could download this program from somewhere?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
jjesusfreak01
Senior Junior Member
jjesusfreak01 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony TH-55
Ha, no one noticed though that the phone the terrorists took from him when he gave himself up was NOT the Treo. That means either Jack had two phones, and the stupid terrorists couldnt find his Treo, or the producers just thought I wouldnt notice....
Advert
Old 01-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjesusfreak01
Ha, no one noticed though that the phone the terrorists took from him when he gave himself up was NOT the Treo. That means either Jack had two phones, and the stupid terrorists couldnt find his Treo, or the producers just thought I wouldnt notice....
Me thinks Jack always carriers two phones with him; one to call up his girlfriend, the other to blow up terrorists.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
small detail: the scene plays not at the LA International Airport but at the Ontario International.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:31 AM   #8
morituri
Enthusiast
morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air, Kindle PW2, Kindle HD
Cool. I need to get that firmware update! I have the CTU ringtone on my Treo; every day I resist answering with "Bauer..."
Old 01-20-2006, 03:50 PM   #9
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Great post Colin! I avoided reading this thread until today because I taped the episodes (on my old-fashioned VHS VCR) and wanted to watch it first in case there were spoilers here.

Did you notice it was very clearly Sprint branded, but the Palm logo never really came up on the screen? Sprint must have paid the big bucks for product placement and not Palm, Inc. Probably to offset all the recent Verizon Treo publicity with the first 700w release.

What I don't get, though, is how he could have let that one guy get away. Don't want to be more specific and spoil things too much, but the whole time I was telling him to pay attention to the guy. I guess he didn't hear me through the tv. I should have emailed co'brien@... so she could have reminded him to pay more attention!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #10
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cool list of "specs" from Jack Bauer's Treo is here... http://blogs4bauer.blogspot.com/2006...ell-phone.html

(via Palm Addict)

And I'm caught up. The show is great this year also. The last episode was one of my least favorites, but I still liked it. Unfortunately, when I like a show, that is usually about one season prior to the kiss of death the the networks!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Heh a whole blog dedicated to Jack Bauer. Amazing show, but still... its own blog?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #12
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Hm, I think Jack had a Razr in the last episode.

On a related note: this is really funny.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #13
Shanks
Shanks began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 600
Hi,
Just wondering if you could help me find a free download of the CTU ringtone? If there is such a thing. Or where did you get yours.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
SH
Old 05-14-2006, 07:35 AM   #14
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Google is your friend:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...en-US:official