Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
SonyFan
Words Are Truth!
SonyFan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Where Can I get an E-Book of 'The Day After Tomorrow'?

Hello,

Don't know if this is in the right place - but -

After following one of the threads on this site, about un-put-downable books,

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55466

I think I would like to read 'The Day After Tomorrow', by Allan Folsom - But as I'm in England, and want to read on my PRS-700, I can't find Anywhere to purchase this in E-Book form! - Any Ideas?

By the way - currently reading 'Tokyo' , by Mo Hayder - Enjoyable!

Regards,
SonyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Check out ebookprices.info here
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well, Book On Board's US site has it in EPUB, but I don't know how hard it is to get around their geographic restrictions.

If you're comfortable with DRM removal & conversion Fictionwise has a MOBI version that should convert easily to EPUB or LRF using Calibre once the DRM is removed.

Didn't see it on BoB's UK store, WH Smith or Waterstone's.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
SonyFan
Words Are Truth!

Thanks very much for trying! - This is precisely the problem I'm having!

GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS: The publisher of this eBook only allows sale to customers in: CA, PH, PR, UM, US, VI

Everywhere I try has this message - (above) - I already use Calibre to convert stuff, but I don't think I have anything that strips the DRM - Apart from that, why should I have to? I'm not a computer whizz-kid, I just want to read a book!

Regards,

Frustrated 'I want to read a book that other people can read', PRS-700 owner from England!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Can you just change your country on the website to US? May be in the billing information.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
SonyFan
Words Are Truth!

Sony's site in the U.S., already has me registered, as I had to register the PRS-700 with them - but it won't accept any of my credit cards, even if I fiddle with the addresses and postcodes! -

I might have to take advantage of one of these people doing the Sony pe-paid card, so that you can use the code number from a different country.

Thanks again!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyFan View Post
Thanks very much for trying! - This is precisely the problem I'm having!

GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS: The publisher of this eBook only allows sale to customers in: CA, PH, PR, UM, US, VI

Everywhere I try has this message - (above) - I already use Calibre to convert stuff, but I don't think I have anything that strips the DRM - Apart from that, why should I have to? I'm not a computer whizz-kid, I just want to read a book!

Regards,

Frustrated 'I want to read a book that other people can read', PRS-700 owner from England!
Yeah it sucks. It'd be easy if the UK publisher had an ebook of it out. The Fictionwise restrictions are easy to get around, but that's for a Mobi version so you'd have to remove DRM. Maybe someone from the UK can help you with the possibility of getting around the restrictions on the BoB site (maybe it can be done using PayPal or something) so you can get the ePub and not have to remove DRM or convert.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There are no geographic restrictions in Adobe's DRM. So once you buy an Adobe ebook from a USA store you are good to go. For ePubs, currently the best stores are Books on Board and Diesel eBooks. I don't know which is easier to use from outside the US, but I'm sure both can be. At one time all you needed to do at BoB was register as a US resident buy gift certificates (with a UK credit card) and then buy the ebooks with the gift certificate. Another trick that works at some sites is to use a UK credit card and UK address but change the country on the credit card to USA (this works because the country typically isn't checked when authorizing a credit card transaction).

See also Nvidiot's post about non-US access to Sony, although it sounds like you have already tried this.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
SonyFan
Words Are Truth!

Just a quick note of thanks to all the suggestions -

I have achieved my aim of getting this book on my PRS-700 -

It wasn't easy - It involves buying a gift certificate, and using that on Diesel E-Books Site!

Anyway, yet another person getting round the rules and regs.!
-
Old 09-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Glad it worked out, even if it was a bit of a pain.