Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #1
Book Worm
Enthusiast
Book Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litter

Device: Sony e Reader 505 *BLUE*
Cool Hi all..... new E Reader owner. Eureka Ca.

Hi all,

I get my e book in about a week. I am really looking forward to getting it. I have been eying the Sony e Reader 505 for almost 3 months and I will soon have it in my hot little hands.

I look forward to my many hours of reading!!

Any pointers as to where I can find good, creep OR even free e-books would be great.

I know this is an odd question... but are there any on line e book clubs?
Book Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not at all an odd question. We have a MobileRead Book Club right here!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #3
Book Worm
Enthusiast

Sweeeeeet.

Where can I find it? I'm not to this site and I still trying to work my way around it. Think you can pop over a link to me please?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See the "Reading Recommendations" forum.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:17 AM   #5
Book Worm
Enthusiast

Thanks again!
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi Book Worm and welcome to the site!!

I'm a new Sony 505 owner also and a recovering bookaholic (the books had their own room in the last house and I had to get rid of about 1200 for the move--actually I could have brought them but the moving company wanted my other arm and leg to transport them)

The best way to learn about your new ereader and what you can do with it is to just click on the forums and click on the Sony forum and just start reading... Also check out the Wiki tab.

But the very BEST part is all the beautifully formatted books that you can upload ( done by the dedicated members here ) and all the VERY helpful people on this site.

Go ahead and ask questions and someone with chime in and answer and/or point you to where you can find more information...

Have fun
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:25 AM   #7
Book Worm
Enthusiast

Sweet... thanks.

How do you like you 505?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Love it! I have so many books i want to read that there isn't enough time... So far, I am reading free books and remembering how much i loved the classics and old sci fi.

I moved down from Shasta Lake....

So much nicer with warmer winters here.

You will really enjoy yours....

Time to call it a night-gotta do the work thing tomorrow....
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:38 AM   #9
Book Worm
Enthusiast

I wonder if there is an on line list of their 100 free books.

There a a bunch I really want to buy.

I really cant wait to get it!!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You will find much better versions of pretty much all the "free" Sony books in the "Book Uploads" forum on this site. I really wouldn't bother with the Sony versions, if I were you.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You will find much better versions of pretty much all the "free" Sony books in the "Book Uploads" forum on this site. I really wouldn't bother with the Sony versions, if I were you.
It's a matter of opinion. I like big old margins, so I like the Sony ones.

But there are a TON of books on here for your Sony that Sony doesn't have, so start browsing

I love my 505, I know you'll love yours too What do you like to read?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #12
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Worm View Post
I wonder if there is an on line list of their 100 free books.

There a a bunch I really want to buy.

I really cant wait to get it!!
Here's the list of Sony's classics.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
See the "Reading Recommendations" forum.
FYI: There is also a book club Social Group set up in the community section with easy to find info on the book club, selections, and links to the threads.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/group.php?groupid=11

Feel free to join us.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Book Worm and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and really like it. In fact, waiting for the thing to charge up was about the longest few hours of my life.

BTW, another source for free ebooks are public libraries. I download free ones from the Fairfax, VA library and they are good for 21 days. Check out the list of libraries who lend out eBooks here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #15
Book Worm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
It's a matter of opinion. I like big old margins, so I like the Sony ones.

But there are a TON of books on here for your Sony that Sony doesn't have, so start browsing

I love my 505, I know you'll love yours too What do you like to read?
Right now I'm into Vampire books at the moment. There is a group of us in my area that have been reading them. I love mystery, crime, true crime, scifi, and history. I really like a little of everything.