Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-20-2023, 01:19 PM   #1
spynotebook
spynotebook began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPhone
Clear "continue reading" on calibre-web

I have had the same three books showing up for months on the Calibre-Web continue reading. How do I mark them as read or clean this area of all books? I would like nothing to be here if possible.
spynotebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click browse all downlaoded books and then click the book you want to remove and choose delete.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2023, 05:40 PM   #3
the_mgt
the_mgt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have the same issue.
When I click “Browse all downloaded books” it says “No downloaded books present“ and yet the same old books are still on the loading screen.
the_mgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:52 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Open 3 new books for reading.
Old 11-04-2023, 10:15 AM   #5
dbarker
dbarker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there any way to remove the "Continue reading" section completely?
I have tried every option suggested and the same three books keep showing up. Not to mention that that section takes up 50% of the total page.
Thanks
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2023, 10:51 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No I'm afraid not. Have you tried a hard refresh ctrl+f5 in your browser.
Old 11-04-2023, 02:46 PM   #7
dbarker

Yes, I have. No luck.
Old 11-04-2023, 03:58 PM   #8
dbarker

Maybe there is an alternative solution.
Is it possible to shrink the book cover in the "Continue reading" section.
Right now they are very large.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2023, 12:28 AM   #9
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
Is there any way to remove the "Continue reading" section completely?
I have tried every option suggested and the same three books keep showing up. Not to mention that that section takes up 50% of the total page.
Thanks
Without the "Continue reading" the homepage is completely empty, except for the library button(s). So I assume you want to bypass the homepage, then you can just bookmark the library link(s) - a little bit annoying if you have multiple libraries there.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:45 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre-web is not Calibre content server ???
Shouldn't the OP be asking that creator?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 11:47 AM   #11
dbarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Without the "Continue reading" the homepage is completely empty, except for the library button(s). So I assume you want to bypass the homepage, then you can just bookmark the library link(s) - a little bit annoying if you have multiple libraries there.
I do have multiple libraries showing on the home page and I'm not the only
person accessing the server. So telling everyone to bookmark the individual libraries would be problematic.

I haven't been able to take the time to deconstruct everything but using bootstrap and this page:

https://hobbscene.com/2014/01/08/spi...ver-bootstrap/

I've been able to eliminate the "Continue reading" area on the home page. I'm hoping that in the future I'll be able to dress up the home page with a bit more flare.

Thanks for your input!