Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-06-2023, 08:23 AM   #1
dnn3
dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Exclamation cannot see highlights in book even if My Clippings file is intact [Kindle Scribe]

Hi there!

I used to highlight words and sentences on a pdf book, and the highlights were successfully saved on My Clippings file.

By mistake I deleted the book from Calibre, and then I put it back, but now I don't see anymore the highlights on the book even if the My Clippings file is the same as before.

What shall I do to see the highlights again?
dnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:16 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
MyClipping.txt is just a dumb log that records note-taking UI events.
The reading software reads and uses notes & highlights stored inside a (binary, non "plaintext) file that is / was inside book related ".sdr" folder, doesn't care about MyClipping.txt contents. When you deleted that book using Calibre it also deleted associated ".sdr" folder so that data is now lost.

In short, there is nothing you can do (other than maaaaybe try using some kind of "undelete" / "restore deleted files" typed of program [like "Recuva" for Windows OS] to scan Kindle drive on your computer and to check if that deleted data hadn't been overwritten already and restore it).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2023, 12:16 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Is there some reason you are side loading PDFs instead of using Send To Kindle (where it is converted to Print Replica)?

The latter will still save highlights and notes to My Clippings, but will also back everything up and offer direct export option. And allows Pen annotations on the pages.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 02:56 AM   #4
dnn3
dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Is there some reason you are side loading PDFs instead of using Send To Kindle (where it is converted to Print Replica)?

The latter will still save highlights and notes to My Clippings, but will also back everything up and offer direct export option. And allows Pen annotations on the pages.
well, I didn't know that. Thanks!
dnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, clippings, highlights annotations, kindle, scribe