Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-07-2023, 08:49 AM   #1
technomom
Enthusiast
technomom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, iPhone 12 mini
Post Calibre on My Cloud NAS?

I have a new MyCloud NAS, and I'd like to run the Calibre server from it. I found directions for setting up Calibre on a Synology NAS, so I figure it is technically doable. Is the file system compatible, and does anyone have instructions for setting it up?

Thank you!
technomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:45 AM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomom View Post
I have a new MyCloud NAS, and I'd like to run the Calibre server from it. I found directions for setting up Calibre on a Synology NAS, so I figure it is technically doable. Is the file system compatible, and does anyone have instructions for setting it up?

Thank you!
I have: WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0020HWT.

My model is merely an enhanced LAN drive that I use for automated LAN backups and storage of PC files, including my Calibre Libraries. It is a 'personal storage device' on a LAN.

My Cloud is to Synology what a VW Bug is to a modern luxury SUV.

I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 to be a true NAS that can run any Linux application that technically fits on it, including Calibre with its server that I access from my Android tablets and phones.

Go into the control panel for your specific My Cloud model (you didn't say), find 'Add Apps' or the equivalent, and discover what apps are supported on its locked-down Linux-derived OS. Mine has very few, and they are for audio & video media streaming only. I hope you get lucky.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2023, 03:20 PM   #3
technomom
Enthusiast
technomom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, iPhone 12 mini
Thanks for the response, DaltonST. I replied, but that message seems to be lost.

I have a couple of apps running, but Calibre isn't in the list of standard apps. There's a way to manually install one that isn't included, but I'm not quite that brave yet.
technomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 05:22 PM   #4
Bratis
Bratis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura
Hi,
For my nas, a Synology DS212plus, I use this solution for install a calibre web.

https://neellik.com/how-to-install-c...s-with-docker/
Bratis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 08:58 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I will admit I've been happy with Calibre Web in a container on a low-cost server (originally a Raspberry PI, now a BeeLink S12). I've left my calibre library on my PC (not used all that much these days), but I sync that library to my QNAP NAS using Syncthing (treating the PC as the MASTER copy) and have the container access the NAS by nfs.

Additionally I sync the QNAP copy to a chromebook, this time treating the QNAP as master).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
my cloud, nas