Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2022, 02:45 PM   #1
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Kobo App - Trying to login with Walmart account

When I installed the PC-based Kobo app in August 2022, I set it up with a gmail account that I also use to buy books through the Kobo web site. Recently I linked a Walmart account, which uses a different gmail email address, to the Kobo online bookstore. The online stuff works fine, and I was able to buy a book with the second account on 9/11.

However, the PC-based Kobo app is more finicky about multiple users. After logging out of the initial account for the PC-based Kobo app, I attempted to login with Sign In and Link option (using Walmart gmail email address) and the app threw this error: Something went wrong, please try again. I realize there are workarounds that bypass the Kobo app for downloading purchases, but this is inconvenient. Is this due to the Kobo app being tied to a specific reader?
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, kobo, walmart