Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
luddite19
luddite19 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Gen
Question Kindle Browser unable to access Calibre-Web

My Kindle 'Experimental' brpwser refuses to connect to the Calibre-web link. I'm able to connect to any website, but when I use a numeric domain like xx.xxx.xx.xx, I get the 'Webpage not available' message. Is anybody else experiencing this?

This is new behaviour: I was using Calibre-web to download books off my server until 2 weeks ago, both on my Kindle and my partner's (an older variant). It might be because of a new firmware update, but I'm posting here in case anybody else has this issue.

My current Calibre setup: Server running via docker with the Content server enabled and accessible over the 8081 port.
luddite19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
you may need to specify the port since calibre server is NOT on the default 80
Code:
xx.xxx.xx.xx:8081
in your case

Can you even get to that port using your PC's browser?
Yo might need to include
Code:
http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:8081
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2021, 11:34 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Another possibility is to use http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8081/mobile to use the simplified non-Javascript interface.

Also note that calibre-web and the calibre content server are very different bits of software.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:22 PM   #4
luddite19
luddite19 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Gen
Thumbs up

Update: It works now, automagically. I have no idea what changed.

--------

@DNSB: At the time of posting, I did try that. Same result. It works now though.
@theducks: I did specify the port but forgot to mention it in the post. Apologies. It works now though.

Thank you for your help!
luddite19 is offline   Reply With Quote