Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like warm weather?
The warmer, the better 3 10.71%
I like warm weather, but not too hot 5 17.86%
Moderation is the key (not too warm, cold, dry or wet) 7 25.00%
Cool days are what I love 10 35.71%
Give me Father Frost any time 0 0%
Don't care, I can stand any old temperature 1 3.57%
I like warmth, but not direct sunlight. Cloudy is best 0 0%
I love sunlight, but heat not so much 7 25.00%
Anything, as long as it doesn't rain 0 0%
Anything, as long as it rains 2 7.14%
As long as there are no hurricanes, earthquakes or volcano eruptions, I'm ok 3 10.71%
The more extreme, the better 1 3.57%
I never even know what the weather is like, because I never come out of my air-conditioned cave 0 0%
Weather? What's that? 0 0%
This poll isn't relevant, I exist in another dimension/on another planet/have attained Nirvana/wherever that's not here 0 0%
This is a mighty boring poll. Couldn't you think of something more interesting? 0 0%
The blue one next to the fish 4 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #1
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Do you like warm weather?

Today is pretty warm (27°C) for May here in Estonia. I have to admit I cannot stand warm weather (anything over 25°C is too warm for me and I feel terrible). As I seem to be in the small minority in my country with my dislike of warmth, I thought to create a poll to learn how other people in other countries regard it.

You can select several different answers. And don't take the poll too seriously, it's just for fun!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:23 PM   #2
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I empathize with you. I enjoy short sleeve and sandals weather; 20 -21 c is perfect. But it’s high humidity that I really detest. Traditionally, we had lovely moderate weather here in Nova Scotia. But climate change has jacked up the temperature and blankets us with high humidity.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2021, 01:36 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I voted for moderation - not too hot or cold. I like it warm enough that I don't have to wear a big coat, but not so warm that any activity makes me feel hot. Spring and fall are usually my most comfortable seasons.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:45 PM   #4
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I voted for moderation too. I like it when the house feels comfortable inside without having to run the HVAC. If the house feels comfortable without HVAC, then outdoors will too! I live in Texas where we typically have mild winters and brutally hot summers, and some really bad thunderstorms with softball size hail and tornados during the spring. So autumn tends to be my favorite season because it is mild with fewer deadly weather events.

My second choice would have been “ The blue one next to the fish.”
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:06 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
64-74 degrees is my sweet spot. I feel better when it isn't too hot. I don't like being in the hot sun at all, and humidity is the worst. Too much heat and my neurological stuff acts up
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2021, 05:37 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
My second choice would have been “ The blue one next to the fish.”
It's a multiple-choice poll

As long as there's no serious fires or floods I'm okay with 20-30°C with a moderate north-easterly. Hot westerly winds is what I hate.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #7
Jeff Duntemann
Enthusiast
Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3; also Moto G Stylus phone
Living in Phoenix, I had better!

Having grown up in Chicago, later living in Rochester, NY and Colorado Springs, I have shoveled quite enough snow, thank you very much.
Jeff Duntemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:14 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I chose cool days, rain, and the blue one

In no particular order, I grew up living in quite a few different climates ranging from the brutal winters of the upper midwest to the hot dry summers of southern New Mexico/west Texas to the sub-tropics of Okinawa to the warm sunny days of southern California to the mild dry summers and wet winters of eastern Puget Sound (where I currently live).

My favorite time of year is autumn with its cool dark overcast days filled with constant drizzle. Perfect weather to curl up with a good audiobook and a cup of hot clam chowder.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hmmm... I grew up in the Northwest Territories prior to the split into the NT and Nunavut. Cold was expected there until the summer when the insects took over the discussion. The last place we lived in hit a high of -34° on a couple of days this year with lows reaching -44° which is warmer than the all time low of -49°.

For some strange reason, I prefer the spring and fall temperatures here in the deep south (AKA the greater Vancouver area).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:55 PM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I can put up with almost any level of hot weather, as long as there is no humidity. Any humidity >50% pretty much does me in.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:13 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I can put up with almost any level of hot weather, as long as there is no humidity. Any humidity >50% pretty much does me in.
Southern New Mexico is your friend
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:25 PM   #12
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
We have left the season where my wife is cold and I'm comfortable, and are entering the season where my wife is hot and I'm comfortable.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:15 AM   #13
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Give me warm weather any day, for me 27ºC is perfect, I hate the cold, my hands get so cold they hurt, but I can cope well with hot weather. I rather have days above 30ºC than bellow 20ºC.

I like sunshine but I don’t stay in direct sun, a perfect day is one where the sun shines and the sky is blue without clouds, luckily for me that is very common where I live, It’s rare that we have a few days without the sun shining, but when that happens it affects my mood, I need sunshine.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:28 AM   #14
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
Give me warm weather any day, for me 27ºC is perfect, I hate the cold, my hands get so cold they hurt, but I can cope well with hot weather. I rather have days above 30ºC than bellow 20ºC.

I like sunshine but I don’t stay in direct sun, a perfect day is one where the sun shines and the sky is blue without clouds, luckily for me that is very common where I live, It’s rare that we have a few days without the sun shining, but when that happens it affects my mood, I need sunshine.
Yep, people can be so different. I prefer temperatures below 20ºC, but above freezing. My hands are almost never cold (I always go without gloves unless it's several degrees below freezing), but my feet can be, plus they tend to cramp without socks. So I always sleep with socks on, except in summer.

I was more afraid of the cold when I was younger. Now I'm almost 50 and I'm very rarely cold. But heat I have always hated.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #15
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
I don't do (or believe in) astrology; according to the astrological chart, I was apparently born under Pisces. In a cold and wet season. So for whatever reason, I really dislike that kind of weather, and like sunny, warm days,with a cool gentle breeze.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote