Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-17-2021, 04:14 PM   #1
LucasJ98
LucasJ98 began at the beginning.

Device: none
PocketBook 627 Touch Lux 4 vs PocketBook 628 Touch Lux 5

PocketBook 627 Touch Lux 4
VS
PocketBook 628 Touch Lux 5

Same price on one eshop, but I don´t see difference.

I really think LUX 5 is better and younger, but battery and display are same.

Can somebody helps me? I want buy my first ebook reader.
LucasJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:32 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The Lux 5 has a smart light, intensity and color.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2021, 10:37 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasJ98 View Post
I really think LUX 5 is better and younger, but battery and display are same.
The only thing that kind of bothered me about the LUX 5 is that — although it has "warm" LEDs — it has an even number of white and warm (I'm guessing amber is the LED color for "warm"). All other eReaders with warm LEDs have an odd number, with white LEDs on both of the outer edges. I don't know if it makes a lot of difference, but a couple folks brought it up and weren't particularly happy about it. I'm guessing, though, that the "warm" light on the LUX 5 would still trump the non-warm lights on the LUX 4.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote