Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-16-2021, 08:20 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
Ctrl-d of highlighted word in viewer in 5.13

I really like this new feature in 5.13 for final editing of an ebook. With the viewer open, when highlighting a word or phrase, you can now jump to that exact place in the code editor. I noticed that each time you do this, a new instance of the code editor opens. Is that right? Also, it would be equally-wonderful if this same jump-to feature could work with an open PDF.
Best regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, a new instance of the editor opens. The idea is this is for quick edits, so you make the edit and close the editor.

calibre doesnt have either a PDF viewer or editor, so not sure what you are asking for.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
To explain, I frequently use the code editor to produce final EPUB. Using the main screen of calibre I convert EPUB to PDF for commercial print. I do a page-by-page an on-screen final edit of the PDF using Evince Document Viewer. When I see an error in the PDF I fix it in the code editor, save, and do a new conversion of EPUB to PDF. I can continue evaluating the PDF while the conversion takes place. As soon as the conversion finishes the PDF is repaired without requirement of reloading. (Epubs, of course, require Ctrl-r, but not PDFs) I am using Ubuntu which has available any number of PDF readers, including Evince Document Viewer, but there are others. It was just a thought and I did not know the ins-and-outs of doing this — but it would be nice!

Again, thank you for the Ctrl-D Best regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That would require support in the PDF viewer to pass the text at the clicked point to the editor to let it open it. You should ask the developers of your favorite pdf viewer to consider it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote