Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #1
findog88
findog88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2
Question Books sent to Kobo via Calibre not showing in kobo Library

When I use the "Send to Device" button in Calibre it sends all my books to my Kobo, which I can then see in my kobo's files on my computer. But when I unplug my kobo none of them appear in my library.
findog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You might use the OS to check what format ARRIVED on the device.
It may be somehow the allowed formats (device driver configuration) went wonky.
with the device connected: right click the DEVICE icon: Configure
I know EPUB, KEPUB, PDF are those supported (there are more, but I don' have a list handy)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One question is if you are using the KoboTouch Extended driver? There were some issues with that driver and the Kepub Metadata Writer plugin which should have been fixed in the latest release. KTE and KMW should be at 3.2.12 and it they are not, calibre should be offering the updated version. Just remember to restart after installing.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:14 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One question is if you are using the KoboTouch Extended driver? There were some issues with that driver and the Kepub Metadata Writer plugin which should have been fixed in the latest release. KTE and KMW should be at 3.2.12 and it they are not, calibre should be offering the updated version. Just remember to restart after installing.
For the record, using the KoboTouchExtended to send epubs as kepubs should not trigger this problem. In this case, the Epub metadata writer because as far as calibre is concerned, the book is an epub. It should only have happened when a kepub in the library was sent. Or during a conversion to kepub.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:57 PM   #5
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
I have the same problem. I can successfully send books to koreader on kobo via calibre wireless server. But after being disconnected from the PC, Kobo (nickel) cannot show newly added books. I just want to use koreader to add books, and use nickel to read because the default file structure view of koreader is too hard to find the book I want, especially when there are so many books on my device.
And another problem is that the titles of old books in unicode UTF8 cannot display correctly. I've tried to restart the device but in vain. Any help would be appreciated. I have to overwrite unicode supported fonts to \fonts folder again to fix the font problem (but not the missing books in the library). Thank you
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2021, 12:50 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
I have the same problem.
Um, no you don't. The OP is sideloading books via the USB cable using calibre as the mechanism to manage that. The books should be seen by the device when it is connected. For some reason they are not. You are using a third-party tool on the device to download books over WiFi. Not the same thing at all.
Quote:
I can successfully send books to koreader on kobo via calibre wireless server. But after being disconnected from the PC, Kobo (nickel) cannot show newly added books. I just want to use koreader to add books, and use nickel to read because the default file structure view of koreader is too hard to find the book I want, especially when there are so many books on my device.
This is all working as designed. Kobo only looks for sideloaded books when after being connected to the USB port and ejecting the device. The only other times it looks is when you use the browser to download the books or when you sign into the Kobo account. There is a hack to trigger the search for new books, but, I have never needed to look at it. It is discussed in the Kobo forum.
Quote:
And another problem is that the titles of old books in unicode UTF8 cannot display correctly. I've tried to restart the device but in vain. Any help would be appreciated. I have to overwrite unicode supported fonts to \fonts folder again to fix the font problem (but not the missing books in the library). Thank you
I think you are doing what you need to do. If the characters in the title are not supported by the system supplied fonts, need to sideload an appropriate font that will display them. Or change the title in the metadata for the books so that it is not needed. Whether that can be done probably depends on the language of the title.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:40 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
I have the same problem. I can successfully send books to koreader on kobo via calibre wireless server. But after being disconnected from the PC, Kobo (nickel) cannot show newly added books.
Your device needs to import the books before they will appear in nickel. My solution is to use NickelMenu with the following line added to the configuration:

Code:
menu_item :main   :Import Books    :nickel_misc    :rescan_books_full
Tapping this item in the nickelmenu menu triggers the import process.

See NickelMenu: An integrated launcher for Kobo eReaders in the Kobo Reader forum for more information.

One item to remember is that NickelMenu comes out of the box with no configured actions. Read the thread, get some ideas about what it can do and what you want it to do.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:21 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by findog88 View Post
When I use the "Send to Device" button in Calibre it sends all my books to my Kobo, which I can then see in my kobo's files on my computer. But when I unplug my kobo none of them appear in my library.
Are you running KOReader or just Nickel?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:39 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You might also want to pop ensure that the location the content is being sent to is one that nickel is scanning

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote