Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
jackj
jackj began at the beginning.

Device: Various 6" Kindles; Kobo Glo HD
Cloud Library / Adobe Digital Editions error

I'm an infrequent Cloud Library user. I've successfully checked out a couple of titles, and I can read them via the iOS app on my phone. But I want to sideload them to my Kobo from my MacBook.

In running the Cloud Library app on my MacBook, I continually get the following error:
e_auth_bad_device_key_or_pkcs12: Adobe activation problem: Please restart cloudLibrary app and try again

I've tried everything I can think of: deleting and reinstalling Cloud Library; deleting and reinstalling Adobe Digital Editions. The latter is also continually prompting me for a keychain password, which I've tried multiple times to reset with no change in what happens.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've gotten this to work successfully in the past, but maybe a couple of years ago. Cloud Library offers no meaningful support, and I've tried the tips that Google searches have suggested. Still no dice.

Might have to read this one on my phone, but would love to get it on the Kobo if that's possible.
jackj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:51 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackj View Post
I'm an infrequent Cloud Library user. I've successfully checked out a couple of titles, and I can read them via the iOS app on my phone. But I want to sideload them to my Kobo from my MacBook.

In running the Cloud Library app on my MacBook, I continually get the following error:
e_auth_bad_device_key_or_pkcs12: Adobe activation problem: Please restart cloudLibrary app and try again

I've tried everything I can think of: deleting and reinstalling Cloud Library; deleting and reinstalling Adobe Digital Editions. The latter is also continually prompting me for a keychain password, which I've tried multiple times to reset with no change in what happens.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've gotten this to work successfully in the past, but maybe a couple of years ago. Cloud Library offers no meaningful support, and I've tried the tips that Google searches have suggested. Still no dice.

Might have to read this one on my phone, but would love to get it on the Kobo if that's possible.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/digit...4588416?page=1

Quote:
If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert