Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-03-2019, 12:09 AM   #1
Ankular
Ankular began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
calibre, version 4.2.0 ERROR: Could not open book: Failed to load book manifest

Disclaimer: I am _not_ a developer.

TL;DR - after updating to latest versions of kde-plasma and qt, the eviewer no longer opens books

I can no longer open and books which normally open internally in the viewer. The message is:
Quote:
Failed to communicate with "/manifest?1572751320579", with status: [200] OK<br><br>
I don't believe this is a Calibre problem "per se" but ... others may also encounter it.

Background:

I run Gentoo linux so I usually install Calibre through the Gentoo portage tree. Last week, I saw you comment about a bug fix that was included in 4.2.0 so I installed a copy into my local package tree because it hadn't made the Gentoo package tree yet. Everything (including the eviewer) worked as expected.

Today, I performed a global update of all packages including qt dependencies and kde plasma packages. QT is now rev 5.13.2. kde-plasma went from 5.17.1 to 5.17.2.

For me since the QT/kde-plasma upgrade; e-viewer no longer opens epub, fb2, lit nor mobi. They all fail with the same error as above. Only the "manifest?###########" changes.

Assuming this had something to do with Calibre's internal database, I ran library maintenance in 'check library' mode. Only these errors were found
Quote:
Invalid titles,[New Life+] Young Again in Another World [J-Novel Club] [LuCaZ],[New Life+] Young Again in Another World [J-Novel Club] [LuCaZ]/[New Life+] Young Again in Another World v01 [J-Novel Club] [LuCaZ].epub
Invalid titles,[New Life+] Young Again in Another World [J-Novel Club] [LuCaZ],[New Life+] Young Again in Another World [J-Novel Club] [LuCaZ]/[New Life+] Young Again in Another World v02 [J-Novel Club] [LuCaZ].epub
Extra titles,Second Squad Jam_ Start (8427),Reki Kawahara/Second Squad Jam_ Start (8427)
Invalid authors,metadata_pre_restore.db,metadata_pre_resto re.db
Extra authors,Imawa no Kuni no Alice,Imawa no Kuni no Alice
Extra authors,[New Life+] Young Again in Another World [J-Novel Club] [LuCaZ],[New Life+] Young Again in Another World [J-Novel Club] [LuCaZ]
Unknown files in books,Mayo Chiki - 02 (9726),Hajime Asano/Mayo Chiki - 02 (9726)/2.jpg
Unknown files in books,Mayo Chiki - 02 (9726),Hajime Asano/Mayo Chiki - 02 (9726)/3.jpg
Unknown files in books,Mayo Chiki - 02 (9726),Hajime Asano/Mayo Chiki - 02 (9726)/4.jpg
Unknown files in books,Mayo Chiki - 02 (9726),Hajime Asano/Mayo Chiki - 02 (9726)/1.jpg (out of nearly 8,200 books, nearly all them including multiple formats.
Please advise.
Ankular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:24 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1850975
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2019, 12:45 AM   #3
Ankular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you for looking into this and the followup at arch linux.

Isn't currently a problem form me as I have other readers installed which I use for testing epubs I make.

I'll wait a few weeks for the upstream commits to trickle down then update everything at one time. I simply added the other ereaders as choices to the 'right click' option for opening an ebook in Calibre.

It's a bit ironic since Calibre's new ereader was rapidly becoming my ereader of choice as I got progressively more used to it. I really like having all the controls and options hidden away behind a 'right click' of the mouse.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #4
Ankular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The update has made it into the Gentoo portage tree. Works GREAT!

Thank you