Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
margaretredhead
margaretredhead began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Problems sending books to Kindle

Suddenly I find that Calibre cannot open the books in my main memory, or download them to either of the Kindles that I have. I keep getting a message `cannot connect to device`, or that the books don't have a format that my device recognises. I know that some of the books I have are in AZW3 format, but most of them are Mobi, which I had no problems with before. I am a complete Luddite with computers, but had no issues before. Sometimes I get a message to tell me that Calibre can't find the file the particular book is in & suggests that I might have moved the file & to try & find it. I haven't moved any files, so what do I do? I have tried uninstalling Calibre & then re-installing, but still no luck. Help!!!
margaretredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Kindles have Main Memory (Storage), some have SD card storage.

Books directly loaded from Amazon may be KFX format AND will be DRM infested.

First thing when having problems (besides rebooting BOTH the PC and the device), is to tell us WHAT you have:

Exact Kindle model
What version of Calibre (3.41.3 is the latest)
and what OS your PC runs
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #3
margaretredhead
margaretredhead began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
My Kindle is the original one; I think the model is; 3.4.2. It has the keyboard below the screen. It only has a main memory, no SD card.
I am using Calibre 3.41.3
OS is Windows 10
margaretredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:12 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't think those did AZW3.
You might check the device configuration setting. Right click the device icon when the device has been detected, configure.
See what formats have been ticked.
Calibre should have offered to convert the Library current format to one of the enabled formats.
Anothe place to check is Preferences: Behaviorreferred Output format (I think this is just used when you do a manual Convert)

Another possibility, is there is a now an unreported code bug (I am not sure how many of those antiques are being used these days. )

And there is a possibility that your old friend is dying.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote