Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-25-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
glober
glober began at the beginning.

Device: none
Double Window Layout (Note) / Side by Side View (Max2)

Hi,

I have tested the Sony RP1 but I am now interested in the Onyx Boox's. Currently I would really miss the side by side view from the Sony book, because I often have to switch between two documents where I have to add notes.
On the onyx homepage, there are modes mentioned for the Note as well as for the Max2 in which this might be possible with a specified software version. Has anyone already information if the scribble mode in the Double Window Layout (V 1.84 in Note) or the side by side view (V 1.8.3. in Max2) will be available? (The modes are obviously different to the sidenote one)

What are the current firmware versions, I thought the Max2 has already the 1.8.3.?

Another question related to the problem to write in multiple documents. As I see in the videos the neoreader is able to load up to 4 documents in parallel. When I switch in one of the documents in the scribble mode, and then switch to another one and back again, remains the first one still in scribble mode?

Last edited by glober; 03-25-2018 at 06:16 PM.
glober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:10 AM   #2
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by glober View Post
Hi,

I have tested the Sony RP1 but I am now interested in the Onyx Boox's. Currently I would really miss the side by side view from the Sony book, because I often have to switch between two documents where I have to add notes.
On the onyx homepage, there are modes mentioned for the Note as well as for the Max2 in which this might be possible with a specified software version. Has anyone already information if the scribble mode in the Double Window Layout (V 1.84 in Note) or the side by side view (V 1.8.3. in Max2) will be available? (The modes are obviously different to the sidenote one)

What are the current firmware versions, I thought the Max2 has already the 1.8.3.?
I have no information about the future updates. My device got updated to 1.8.3_9269185 this weekend.

Quote:
Another question related to the problem to write in multiple documents. As I see in the videos the neoreader is able to load up to 4 documents in parallel. When I switch in one of the documents in the scribble mode, and then switch to another one and back again, remains the first one still in scribble mode?
No, I just made the test and you go back to reading mode after switching to a different document.

I wouldn't be surprised if the software features are more advanced on the Sony - they certainly have more software developping power than Onyx.

Currently the "side view" features of the Max 2 are very limited: you can only have a document page on the left, and your handwritten notes on the right. No displaying two different documents, no switching sides so the document is on the right (which is very annoying to me - I am left-handed and when I try to write notes, my hand will hide the document and, often, will touch it and be detected; because of this I don't use this feature).

If the other limitations of the Sony device are acceptable to you, this might be a better choice (don't get me wrong, I like my Max 2, but its software is far from perfect).
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert