Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
stardest
Enthusiast
stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: None
Updated N96ML to Android 4.4 - Front light doesn't work?!

Hi guys has anyone experienced this? I just updated my old version Onyx Boox N96ML with frontlight to Android 4.4 and the front light doesn't work anymore
stardest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
royolsen
royolsen began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BooX N96ML
I won't be of much help, but I'm seeing the same issue on my N96ML. After the update to Android 4.4 beta firmware the front light is not working. Just one of many bugs, it would appear.

Unfortunately, the Safari Books app (Safari Queue) does not work with the 4.0.4 firmware, which is what I bought the device for. I just live with the issues for Safari Books and PDFs, and use my Kindle Paperwhite for all other reading :/
royolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by royolsen View Post
I won't be of much help, but I'm seeing the same issue on my N96ML. After the update to Android 4.4 beta firmware the front light is not working. Just one of many bugs, it would appear.

Unfortunately, the Safari Books app (Safari Queue) does not work with the 4.0.4 firmware, which is what I bought the device for. I just live with the issues for Safari Books and PDFs, and use my Kindle Paperwhite for all other reading :/
I was also struggling to use an old version of safari on the N96ML using Android 4.0.4 but - as I said in another 3ad - it seems it cannot login. The same app version on the smartphone is working fine.
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote