Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 12:57 AM   #1
Deadser
Deadser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Calibre-loaded books no longer showing up in Kindle Fire library

Had no problems with this up until about a week or so ago, and then suddenly books sent from Calibre to my Fire no longer show up in the Fire's library. They ARE on the Kindle, and if I use a file explorer app, I can navigate to the folder and run them, so it's not like I can't access them, but it's kind of a pain that they don't appear in the library anymore. These are .mobi files, I'm talking about, some converted from either .epub or .pdf, others not. None of them have DRM.

When looking at the Calibre library, the books ARE listed there as being "on device," so Calibre can find/see them. Can't figure out why they're no longer showing up on the Fire though. Any thoughts?
Deadser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...id-not-show-up
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #3
Deadser
Deadser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thanks! It says it may take "some time." Are we talking hours or days? They still haven't shown up in the library. I can see them in the "Recent" page, once I've opened and read them, but still nothing in the library. Also, and I don't know if it matters or not, but it's hit or miss with them not showing up, which I didn't realize before my first post. A couple haven't, but most still seem to. (That's why I'm asking, I guess--if the indexer is broken, wouldn't that mean that ALL books added would fail to show up?) Again, thanks for all that you do--the program is phenomenal!
Deadser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the indexer is failing on a file, it means all files that appear *after* that file in the indexers internal list will not show up. Or in other words, some arbitrary subset of files, which depends on the order the indexer proceeds in will not show up.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:30 PM   #5
tzedance
tzedance began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
I have the same problem and it just started a few days back, after a calibre upgrade, before that all of the books showed up instantly.

Is there a way to force the index process?
tzedance is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 06:34 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzedance View Post
I have the same problem and it just started a few days back, after a calibre upgrade, before that all of the books showed up instantly.

Is there a way to force the index process?
Calibre has no control over the Kindle Indexer. You could try and restart the Kindle, but I think the usual culprit is a bad book (metadata ). The best chance is to remove all the books added since the K last worked fine. Then add 1 by 1 until you discover the problem book (then fix that book if you can , else skip that one)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote