Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #1
stearno
stearno began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
Images are smaller after conversion

I have a childrens book. It has images on every page. The kindle version shows full screen on my tablet. After I convert it to mobi though, it scales down the images and it is no longer full screen.

How do I fix this?

My tablet screen's resolution is 1366 x 768.

Stearno

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-09-2017 at 08:33 AM.
stearno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Uploading copyrighted work, without written consent, can get you banned from Mobileread.

This is your only warning.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #3
stearno

Sorry, that wont happen again. Thanks for the warning.

Without the attachments. Any advice on converting images and adjusting the size of the output image?
Old 07-14-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearno View Post
I have a childrens book. It has images on every page. The kindle version shows full screen on my tablet. After I convert it to mobi though, it scales down the images and it is no longer full screen.
Most children's books on Amazon use a special fixed layout that is specific to Amazon which enables full screen viewing on Kindle devices without margins.

That layout is not supported by calibre conversion.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #5
stearno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Most children's books on Amazon use a special fixed layout that is specific to Amazon which enables full screen viewing on Kindle devices without margins.

That layout is not supported by calibre conversion.
okay, thank you for that explanation.
Advert