Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #1
papaworx
papaworx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Two text forms in same publication?

I am converting a large (web based) project to ePub 3. It consists of a ~130 page book and a linked database. I have converted the links to some 900 small xhtml pages. In the web form I have the book in one directory, the database pages in another. The book is best flowable, and I have converted the database to fixed format pages. But now I am wondering how to tie in the database pages. They appear as links in the book prose. Does anybody have experience with such a project?
papaworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You cannot have content in a database. The content must be in XHTML files.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #3
papaworx
papaworx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
You cannot have content in a database. The content must be in XHTML files.
Well, it is. For archiving purposes all relevant queries - containing the the total information in the database - have been converted by a robot into regular html files, which then were converted into many hundred's of linked xhtml files. The archiving site provides only file downloads. I then decided to use these files also for an ebook.
papaworx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub3, fixed, flowable, hypertext