Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Wi-Fi doesn't work (Glo HD)

Since I "upgraded" to the new firmware (4.2.8432) I can't download books in my account. I tap on a book to download, it goes syncing, downloading, sync complete like normal, but doesn't actually download. I've done a factory reset and everything, but still doesn't work. I know it's not a problem with the wi-fi, cause I tried it with my old aura and it worked fine. Any ideas? (I'm guessing it's just a bug with the new firmware)
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I am using firmware 4.3.8842, so I don't know if the problem is the same:

It appears that sync no longer actually downloads books, it only downloads the covers and metadata. So it is now a two-step process to download a book: first sync to get the cover and metadata, then tap on the book's download button to actually download it.

A complication is that if you have the library set to show only downloaded books, then you won't actually see the book in the library after you sync, and it will appear as if nothing has happened. So check at the top-left of the library screen that you have it set to Show: All.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Yes, I do, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see that there's a book to download which doesn't download.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote