Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
PJV
PJV began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7
[IOS] how to transfer books from Companion to Kindle for IPad

Hello all,
I tried searching the forums but couldn't find an answer and my apologies if This has been posted before.

I've just downloaded the Companion app for the iPad and was wondering if it is possible to transfer books from Companion to Kindle for iPad. I have an IPad Pro 9.7 with the latest operating system.
Thank you in advance
PJV
PJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
It depends on the file type. I believe that .azw3, .tpz and .mobi will list kindle when you select the read. At least, I seem to recall it showing up when I was testing. I generally use epub.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #3
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJV View Post
I've just downloaded the Companion app for the iPad and was wondering if it is possible to transfer books from Companion to Kindle for iPad.
You may have to download the books in one of Amazon's formats for this to work. If you go into the settings menu, after the connection options, there's setting called "Format settings; choose which book formats (extensions) to download". The order of formats in that menu is order of priority CC will use when getting books from Calibre. What may be the case for you is that you downloaded a format Kindle for iPad doesn't recognise; try changing the order to put azw3 or mobi closer to the top, resend the book, and see if that works.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote