Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Unable to return borrowed ebooks

I haven't used the overdrive app to borrow ebooks for a long time because the app simply didn't work properly. I recently gave it a go with an ePub borrowed from a library, and I was so pleased with the improved stability and synchronization between my devices. My book was a popular one with a long waiting list. I finished it quickly and tried to return it early, before my 2 week borrowing period, so that others don't have to wait for so long. I am unable to return the book using the app. It tries, and then I get an error message.

I am also unable to see any means to actually contact support for the app itself. I haven't been able to find a "contact us", other than a directive to contact my local library....which seems silly because my local librarian has nothing to do with troubleshooting software or correcting software problems.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Last edited by 49Kat; 10-11-2016 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Grammar.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Haven't returned a book, but have had no problems returning audiobooks. I'm using a really old version though since my old iPod is stuck on iOS 6.

OD wants support questions to go to the libraries. The libraries can then redirect the problem to OD's "Front Line Tech Support" if it's not a question the library can handle. Saves OD from getting library specific questions I suppose.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2016, 12:17 AM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I did manage to get the book returned after many attempts. I'm not sure if signing into my library from within the app made any difference or not. I think there were failed attempts after signing as well. I have, in the last, returned library books from within Bluefire and Bookari, and there was no signing in involved there.

To me, it makes no sense for Overdrive to have technical questions about the app being directed to libraries. Maybe some feedback on the review page is in order.

Edited to add: I'm pleased with the improved performance of the app otherwise, it would just be nice to be able to contact support or provide feedback directly.

Last edited by 49Kat; 10-11-2016 at 09:26 AM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote