Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
elenderg
elenderg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 White (2015) WiFi
Smile Which KUAL extensions work in Kindle PW3?

Hy Everybody, First of all I would like to thanks all of you, you made an awesome job. I was able to jailbreak my Kindle without effort because of you. I have already installed KUAL, and KOReader, kterm, kindle explorer and SkipStone. All of them work very well. But many other "extensions" won't work on my Kindle. Maybe the firmware isn't compatible but in most part of the cases the "app" just won't open. Is there any list showing what works on which device? If no would you mind to list here what extensions are working properly on your device, your device model and firmware version? I think this would be very useful. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Obs: My device is a Kindle Paperwhite on White color (PW3W) firmware version: 5.8.1 (2974910023). serial number starts with G090KB
elenderg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Failed KUAL extensions may just need small tweaks to work on newer kindles. I updated some extensions (for my demos and video player) but I did not publish them yet. I should do that some day RSN. However, others can do that too.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The current list(s) are forum threads, the owner of which is long gone and now only moderators can maintain it (and at least eight models behind the times).

I would suggest that any new list be started in the Wiki, so everyone can maintain it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:30 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The current list(s) are forum threads, the owner of which is long gone and now only moderators can maintain it (and at least eight models behind the times).

I would suggest that any new list be started in the Wiki, so everyone can maintain it.
Maybe here?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/KUAL...ore_Extensions

Or if another wiki page for KUAL extensions, at least link it to the KUAL wiki page.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Right.
Those are the links to the unmaintainable forum threads.

Maybe break out that little section into a set of however many pages it takes to present the sort of information found in those threads.

A page by device? (we are way behind on having pages for each device and even having a prefix for every device).

A page by purpose?

Pages by keyboard and touchscreen?

I have no ideas on how to organize the information.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2016, 11:29 PM   #6
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Maybe we can start listing the extensions which work/don't work in this thread?
Here's my list (PW3). Some differences indicated in brackets.

Working:
  1. Kterm (top command not working. Use htop from USB network instead)
  2. Leafpad
  3. Screen Savers Hack
  4. Gargoyle (Game images look smaller)
  5. Koreader
  6. Kindle Explorer (small menu icons)
  7. Eboard Chess (tiny menu icons)
  8. RGB Paint (tiny menu icons)
  9. Draw
  10. Power Button

Not working:
  1. Task Warrior (some library path issue. Could be fixed)
  2. Most Amazon "active content" apps

I will add to the above as I check more extensions.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote