Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
Beltonmike
Enthusiast
Beltonmike began at the beginning.

Device: Illumina XL HD
Automatic mark as read when sent to device

I've created a custom column "#read_m" and I'm trying to write a template for the send to device button (on the Preferences> sending books to devices page) which will write an "m" in that column. So far I've tried

{author_sort}/{title} - {authors} {#read_m:ifempty(m)}

{author_sort}/{title} - {authors} - {#read_mrint(test)}

{#read_m:ifempty(m)}

{#read_mrint(test)}

and various variations but nothing works for me. Am I trying to do something impossible or just not savy enough at coding
Beltonmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My guess is that you are changing the wrong template. The first time you connect to a device the template is copied to the setup for the device. Changing it in the preferences will have no effect.

Connect to the device, click on the down arrow on the Device icon and choose Configure this device. Change the template there. You might need to disconnect and reconnect before the template is taken into account.

Your first template will produce the contents of the #read_m column unless it is empty, in which case it will produce a lowercase m.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #3
Beltonmike
Enthusiast

Thanks for quick reply
I put

{author_sort}/{title} - {authors} {#read_m:ifempty(m)}

into the Device icon as you suggest restarted calibre unplugged replugged device but no luck #read_m stays empty.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I thought you were trying to put the value of #read_m into the file name. Are you trying to change the value stored in #read_m? If so, this cannot be done with the template language. It cannot change the db.

One way to accomplish this is while connected search for ondevice:true and #read_m:false. Select all the results and use bulk metadata update to change the value. It also might be possible for the reading list plugin to do something for you.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think that the Reading List plugin might help with this issue.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
Beltonmike
Enthusiast

Thanks Chaley I'll give that a look.
What I'm trying to do is mark a book or several books as read in #read_m when I send it to the device
Old 01-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #7
Beltonmike
Enthusiast

Thanks Itimpi I'll give that a look.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #8
Beltonmike
Enthusiast

Hi guys, Reading list works, thank you, it's a bit long winded and clunky but it seems to do the job. I'll keep playing with the settings and see how it goes

Tags
calibre template, mark as read, send to device