Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-03-2015, 07:07 AM   #1
Mervian
Mervian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question Relocate calibre config folder

BetterRed has kindly suggested a way to do this:

I need to relocate config file in a place that can be synced in 2 pcs ex. c:\calibre\config using the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY environment variable.

I tried to do this but stumbled in some things...

1) there is no "config" named folder anywhere in my pc (windows 7 64bit) - unless "config" means the "calibre" folder in AppData, or any other folder inside that.

2) I've never dabbled with enviroment variables before. Can anyone kindly suggest the exact steps needed to do this? I mean, while creating a new variable, I put CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY (I suppose) but what in the value?

3) When the new variable is created do I copy anything in the new folder?
Mervian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Mervian - sorry, 'config' is my short hand for the folder that opens when you press the Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open configuration directory button

I suggest you copy the contents of that folder (...\Appdata\Roaming\calibre) to say C:\Calibre\ConfigData

The value you enter for CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY is the path to location of the new config folder - eg C:\Calibre\ConfigData

Here's a 'user friendly' utility for manipulating Windows environment variables Rapid Environment Editorr

Make sure calibre is closed whilst doing this. Once everything is working I suggest you should delete the ...\Appdata\Roaming\calibre folder on each computer.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-03-2015 at 08:41 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
Mervian
Mervian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
ty vm indeed
Mervian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
In somewhat defense of the use of config

config.ini or config.dat was common usage in the days of 8.3 DOS names
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote