Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-30-2015, 08:18 PM   #1
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
New M96C available with touchscreen

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...now-available/
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
eb00ker
Connoisseur
eb00ker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG / Onyx Boox M92 / M96 / C67 AFTERGLOW 2
What the heck? Why they didn't release it like this in the first place?!! The stylus of the regular M96 is way too inaccurate in my opinion. And the screen refreshes way too slow...I'm little bit pissed because in the end they making good money with - releasing half developed devices bit by bit, which we eventually need to buy new in a little period of time.
eb00ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2015, 06:58 AM   #3
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb00ker View Post
What the heck? Why they didn't release it like this in the first place?!! The stylus of the regular M96 is way too inaccurate in my opinion. And the screen refreshes way too slow...I'm little bit pissed because in the end they making good money with - releasing half developed devices bit by bit, which we eventually need to buy new in a little period of time.
With the due respect to your opinion, I agree about onyx has released devices bit by bit, but I don't agree about you mentioned upon stylus and magnetic screen quality because replacing the stock launcher and few tweaks and the last 2014-10-13 rom released, the system is totally accurate.

Besides, I use my M96 with a professional purpose, I mean, I need it to read lot of scientific papers, so a magnetic screen and a stylus are good because you can take notes or manage your paper easier than with a capacitive touch screen. A capacitive touch screen is really good if you use the device as multi-purposes tablet but for an intensive reading a magnetic screen is much better.

Best.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro View Post
With the due respect to your opinion, I agree about onyx has released devices bit by bit, but I don't agree about you mentioned upon stylus and magnetic screen quality because replacing the stock launcher and few tweaks and the last 2014-10-13 rom released, the system is totally accurate.

Besides, I use my M96 with a professional purpose, I mean, I need it to read lot of scientific papers, so a magnetic screen and a stylus are good because you can take notes or manage your paper easier than with a capacitive touch screen. A capacitive touch screen is really good if you use the device as multi-purposes tablet but for an intensive reading a magnetic screen is much better.

Best.
Cheaper than M96, but may be the screen resolution should be enhanced?
Besides, I think they should pay more atterntion to the speed of Neo Reader, too slow to read for pdf.
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:30 PM   #5
nknouf
Enthusiast
nknouf began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 Universe
Why can't they support both input methods? That's why I like my Samsung Note devices: support for capacitive touch, as well as a digitizer. That would go a long ways towards making the M96 a truly professional device. (That and fixing some of the major bugs, but that's a separate thread.) I'd be quite unhappy if they dropped support for the stylus entirely and moved to capacitive only. Such a move would really decrease the usefulness of the device to those of us who are using it for professional or academic annotations.
nknouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 05:22 AM   #6
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by nknouf View Post
Why can't they support both input methods? That's why I like my Samsung Note devices: support for capacitive touch, as well as a digitizer. That would go a long ways towards making the M96 a truly professional device. (That and fixing some of the major bugs, but that's a separate thread.) I'd be quite unhappy if they dropped support for the stylus entirely and moved to capacitive only. Such a move would really decrease the usefulness of the device to those of us who are using it for professional or academic annotations.
You are totally right, Onyx has to offer multipurpose screens, better ram and also better microprocessors at the same prices. The price of our M96 is too high, we pay too much for what we've received.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote