Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
weberr
New old guy
weberr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
New (built-in) Cover Generator

Need help in using the new cover generator functionality introduced with Release 2.4. When I click on the 'generate cover' button I do, each time, get a randomly generated cover. However I cannot find the way to edit it and set my own choices for cover appearance -- especially useful for generating similar covers for a series. I did see where some dialog is supposed to pop up with a 'long click.' Maybe I just don't know how to do a 'long click.'

Also, is this new functionality intended to replace kiwidude's plug-in or can it still be used?
weberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by weberr View Post
I did see where some dialog is supposed to pop up with a 'long click.' Maybe I just don't know how to do a 'long click.'
Click on generate cover and hold the click down until an option appears to allow you to customize things. Move the cursor to that optoin and release. You can now customize this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weberr View Post
Also, is this new functionality intended to replace kiwidude's plug-in or can it still be used?
At this point they can both be used. I don't know it the built in generate cover has all of the features available in kiwidude's plug-in.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
x-post

@weberr - to long click hold the left button down for a couple of seconds on the Generate Cover button and you should see Customise the styles...

AFAIK it replaces the old fixed format style default cover as per ==>> Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	130475

The Generate Cover PI still functions for me, I'm not sure if the new one can include custom columns and pictures

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-02-2014 at 01:22 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
I like the new cover generator as well, but I think I'm doing something wrong with it. I tried to keep the new cover template I chose as default, by clicking on the "save these settings as default for future use". The only way I can get the default used, is by going into the customize screen every time. Am I missing something, to have my default choice used every time I hit generate cover, instead of a random cover every time?
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
I like the new cover generator as well, but I think I'm doing something wrong with it. I tried to keep the new cover template I chose as default, by clicking on the "save these settings as default for future use". The only way I can get the default used, is by going into the customize screen every time. Am I missing something, to have my default choice used every time I hit generate cover, instead of a random cover every time?
Make sure the only items you want to use are checked and all others unchecked, then save. If more than one item is checked it seems as if the multiple choices will be used at random.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
weberr
New old guy

Thanx -- Got it.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
weberr
New old guy

Thanx -- that's what I wasn't getting
Old 11-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #8
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Thanks that's what I was missing! I knew it was something.
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
x-post

@weberr - to long click hold the left button down for a couple of seconds on the Generate Cover button and you should see Customise the styles...

AFAIK it replaces the old fixed format style default cover as per ==>> Attachment 130475

The Generate Cover PI still functions for me, I'm not sure if the new one can include custom columns and pictures

BR
Custom columns, yes. Pictures, no.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote