Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Epub to AZW3, TOC margins off, text OK

Hold my hand, please.

I converted a book of short stories from epub to azw3. The text is fine, but the TOC has the first two letters cut off, i.e. "Dark Matter" becomes "rk Matter".

However, when I converted the same epub to mobi, the TOC is just fine.

This is not a *really* big deal since I can use the mobi on my Kindle Paperwhite 2, but I would like to know what I did wrong. I opted for the log generation, but it means nothing to me.

For epub to azw3: Input profile=default, Output=Paperwhite, TOC links to add=100, Chapter threshhold=1, AZW3 Output=place generated TOC at start instead of end, all else is default settings.

For epub to mobi: the same except Output=mobi.
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cut off, epub to azw3, table of contents, toc