Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
vohk
vohk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
(solved) CC unable to write to file

Edit: And this is why I should know better than to post a bug before replicating it. Problem seems to be solved. I flashed the same developer preview again and this time the problem does not occur, books transfer fine. Must have messed up the previous flash somehow.

Please ignore everything below.

I'm currently testing the latest developer preview for Android 5.0, and I ran into an odd bug with CC.

When attempting to transfer books to the device ("Connect as Wireless Device"; Nexus 5), it connects successfully but when attempting to "Send Books to Device" from Calibre, I get the error:

"CC cannot write the book file. Disconnecting from Calibre."

The connection drops, no files transferred. I get a similar message when attempting to change the default folder ("Could not create folder"). For some odd reason, it seems that CC is unable to write to disk. The default folder is "/storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion", which I believe was the same when using 4.4.4.

For what it's worth, this install was a clean flash. Shouldn't be any leftovers from 4.4.4.

Device/Software Information:
CC version: 3.5.3
Model Number: Nexus 5
Android version: 5.0
Build Number: LPX13D (Nexus 5 build of Developer Preview released Oct 17)

I have to flash back to 4.4.4 now (unfortunately a few key apps I need are not functional on 5.0 yet), but I'll be sure to give it another go on the next 5.0 release.

Last edited by vohk; 10-18-2014 at 01:35 PM.
vohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It is hard to count the number of times I have done something similar.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert