Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Aura H2O preorder countdown

A thread for those of us who are a little bit excited...

Ships in 21 days!!

I pre-ordered my H2O from Chapters on Aug 29. Here's hoping they ship on-time and are received on or before they are available in stores.

If you pre-ordered, let us know which store you ordered from and when you receive it.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
AbPho
Connoisseur
AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.

Device: AuraHD, GloHD
There is one up for grabs on kijiji. A bit of a drive for you. It's in Hamilton.
AbPho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbPho View Post
There is one up for grabs on kijiji. A bit of a drive for you. It's in Hamilton.
I was looking at the Shopereader's site where for $229.99, you can order your Aura H2O with no mention of availability dates. Oddly, the picture used is that of the Aura HD -- that image of the sculptured back is pretty unmistakeable. They also have the Aura HD for $229.99. The site shows an address in "sunny rainy Vancouver," so I have to give them some points for honesty.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 09-11-2014 at 01:03 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well we in Aus can't pre-order from Kobo because it still doesn't appear as part of their range.

And the price for the Aura HD is still $219.95 and the Glo is still $159.95, and the Aura $179.95. Are they flippin' joking or what!!!!

Ridiculous when those models have all been on the market for well over 1 year!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I'm on countdown to when I can get one from WHSmith
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #6
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Well we in Aus can't pre-order from Kobo because it still doesn't appear as part of their range.

And the price for the Aura HD is still $219.95 and the Glo is still $159.95, and the Aura $179.95. Are they flippin' joking or what!!!!

That's the price you pay for all that sunshine.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

Is it because the cost of shipping is added to the price? It seems that the cost of shipping a package of the size and weight of an ereader from Canada to Australia is about $25.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #8
treadlightly
Wizard

20 days!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'd like to get one from Best Buy or a local book store.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Is it because the cost of shipping is added to the price? It seems that the cost of shipping a package of the size and weight of an ereader from Canada to Australia is about $25.
Another possibility is that the Aus. price includes taxes while the price in Canada is before taxes. For me, the Aura H2O is $179.99 plus $21.60 in GST and PST for a total $201.99.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #11
baochan
Enthusiast
baochan doesn't litterbaochan doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Pyrus Mini
I'm very excited as well. Ordered from Kobo USA early on Sept 1. I love my Glo and was tempted by the Aura HD but the older screen tech and cheap glossy asymmetric back panel turned me off, so this is an upgrade I've been waiting a while for. Don't care too much about waterproofing but I guess it's a nice bonus.
baochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #12
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
So am I, especially as I just sold my Aura.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #13
AbPho
Connoisseur
AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.

Device: AuraHD, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I was looking at the Shopereader's site where for $229.99, you can order your Aura H2O with no mention of availability dates. Oddly, the picture used is that of the Aura HD -- that image of the sculptured back is pretty unmistakeable. They also have the Aura HD for $229.99. The site shows an address in "sunny rainy Vancouver," so I have to give them some points for honesty.

Regards,
David
The ad has an actual picture of the H20. $200 with $25 gift card. New. It was won at a contest. They didn't even know the H20 isn't available yet on the market.
AbPho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #14
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
I have no intention of upgrading my PW2 at the moment, but I am counting down the days for when demo models of the Aura H2O are on show in WH Smith so I can go and drool over them. Does that make me a bit sad?

I could buy one I suppose...but there's no way I can justify two 'new' ereaders at over £100 each within a year, I'm far too sensible with my money for that!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #15
treadlightly
Wizard

19 days!!!