Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
JayKindle
Connoisseur
JayKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
Exclamation Calibre and Windows 7 Task Schedule problem.

Back when I was using Win XP, I was able to set a daily Schedule Task so Calibre could turn on automatically for an hour and allow it to run it's schedule news fetches at a certain time and then have it turn off an hour after. I did this so it can email my Kindle the RSS feeds and etc. More details in this old thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172393

Now that I am trying to schedule it on a Win 7 machine "Task Schedule" feature, I am getting a problem. It seems it won't run. No matter what I do. I see that it reports this error in it's "last run results" window:

Quote:
This operation requires an interactive window station. (0x800705B3)
The action script is:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe" --start-in-tray
** I've even tried running it without the "--start-in-tray" argument, but no luck.

Hopefully some of you can help? I am using the latest version of Calibre that is available today.
JayKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #2
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Is the "Run with highest privileges" box ticked?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The error code means that the service needs admin privileges to run if you are trying to have it run without you being logged on.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
JayKindle
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
Is the "Run with highest privileges" box ticked?
Yes, I tried that also when I Googled the issue, and found a site where it recommended that, but it still a no go.

Any other suggestions?

FYI, when I installed Calibre on this Win7 machine, I had to give it admin privileges, so it could scan my library folder or it gave me some errors that my library was corrupted, since it could not modify some read only files. So it's running with the admin permissions setting.

P.S. When I got an email alert about a reply to this thread, I was given a link pointing here: http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...2&goto=newpost -- Notice the different forum theme, and also when I tried to login at the bottom, I got a script error of some-kind. Perhaps an error on your side?

So I had to go back to my bookmark of this site, to be able to finally land here and post a reply.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

The link is to the mobile site.
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
JayKindle
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
The link is to the mobile site.
Since I am using a PC, it shouldn't do that right? Is this a unique setting in the UCP of the forum?
Old 05-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

All it is is a .mobi website rather than a .com site. e.g. site.mobi rather than site.com
Old 05-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #8
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

And I have no idea why it is doing that.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
JayKindle
Connoisseur

Might be a bad setting from the admin control panel?

Anyhow, any other tips for my real problem with Win 7 and Calibre?
Old 05-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #10
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Not that I can think of.
hmm, do you have it set to run even if you aren't logged in?
Old 05-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
JayKindle
Connoisseur

Yes, that is also checked with password and everything.

I then right click on the schedule to force it to run, and nothing. Even task manager doesn't show the app running. This is not my first app that I've scheduled on Win7. Even though it was different from WinXP, I was able to get the hang of it.

I think it has something to do with permissions, but don't know how to fix that??
Old 05-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Do you really need it to stop calibre? Because if not you could just have calibre started at login and not get news until whatever time you want.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe the issue is a change in design between Windows XP and subsequent versions affecting interactions between tasks and the desktop.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Works just fine on my Win7 Home Premium 64bit
Old 05-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #15
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Perhaps you could try the command-line version of fetch news? Write a batch file to process each recipe you need.

Fetch News uses the ebook-convert executable, interestingly. You can feed it the .recipe format as the input file.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, task schedule, windows 7