Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
How to upload highlighted notes from e-books?

Hi all, I desperately need help.

I'm wanting to buy my first tablet device to use mainly for reading .pdf e-books. I also need to be able to highlight quotes from inside e-books and then upload them some place in the cloud or on the device so that I can review the quotes at a later date.

I've been using a Sony PRS-T2 e-book reader and this works perfectly for me for .epubs because I can highlight quotes from e-books and then upload it to Evernote.

Could someone please help me?

Thank you!

Last edited by EbookNovice; 02-21-2014 at 12:45 AM.
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Does anyone know of another site I can check out for more help?
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Check out ezpdf reader. It is one of the most full-featured pdf readers on Android and the best all-around with annotation options.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
EbookNovice
Banned

Alright, thanks!

I just want to be able to make highlights and then upload them some place. I also want to be able to make it so that the quotes are uneditable by anyone.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #5
jayajha
InstaScribe Creator
jayajha doesn't litterjayajha doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Smile PocketBook Reader

Hi,

I have tried PocketBook Reader on Android. It lets you "Share" highlighted text in PDFs with standard Android options including Evernote if it is installed. So, that should work for your Android tablet too.

Regards
Jaya
jayajha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayajha View Post
Hi,

I have tried PocketBook Reader on Android. It lets you "Share" highlighted text in PDFs with standard Android options including Evernote if it is installed. So, that should work for your Android tablet too.

Regards
Jaya
Alright, this sounds great!

Does anyone else have some suggestions?
Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #7
EbookNovice
Banned

Anyone?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
EbookNovice
Banned

Could someone please help me?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:47 PM   #9
EbookNovice
Banned

I'm just looking for the best PDF reading software.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
I'm just looking for the best PDF reading software.
Ask ten people and you'll likely get at least five or six different answers. I can't comment on the notes/highlights functionality, but ezPDF and Repligo are pretty popular. Some folks prefer to just use a reader app that also has PDF functionality like Mantano, BlueFire, Kindle, etc and then there is also the Adobe PDF reading app. Googling will pull up plenty of reviews about what they'll do and how well. There are probably YouTube videos for most as well so they can be seen "in action".
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #11
EbookNovice
Banned

Alright, thanks!

I just want something that works really well with Evernote so that I can upload quotes!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #12
EbookNovice
Banned

Are there any other PDF readers that work well with Evernote?

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:08 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I don't use Evernote on Android, but have used it on iOS. Not sure it it's the same, but in the iOS app you can read PDF's right in the Evernote app and if you're a Premium user I believe you can do your highlights and annotations right in that app maybe the Android one is the same.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:16 AM   #14
EbookNovice
Banned

I just want an app that works the same as the Sony PRS-T2: I can just highlight the text and then upload it to Evernote and I can't edit the quote. Not being able to edit the quote is important so that I can't accidentally edit the text.

Please help me!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #15
EbookNovice
Banned

Am I being clear? I just want to be able to highlight quotes and then upload it to Evernote(or some other place), but I don't want the ability to edit the quotes in case I make an error. I want to replicate what my Sony ebook reader does: select quotes and upload them to Evernote.

Does anyone know of something I can try?

I bought Maldano and that seems good, but it's not what I'm after.