Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Audiobook app

I have to be upfront and admit I'm listening to books nowadays rather than using my e-reader. Just easier on the eyes for one thing and listening opens up quite a few more hours for books.

Ok, having admit that--I sideloaded a MP3 file of Bring up the Bodies to my android phone. I was hoping to use Overdrive to play the book but OD did not show the book on the bookshelf. So I'm just using my music player app to play the book. It works...but not having the bookmark feature is a drawback. If I listen to a music file, I lose my spot in the book.

Any recommendations on how to make sideloaded books compatible with OD? Barring that, recommendations for audiobook apps that accept sideloaded files? Thanks.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:46 AM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
If you're open to buying another (relatively inexpensive) piece of equipment, you might consider a Sansa Clip. The most current model is the ZIP, but the Plus is still available.

Load your file as an audiobook and you should have no trouble with bookmarks. There are plenty of reviews at Amazon and Cnet, and plenty of owners here at MR.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert