Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
RBraverman
Enthusiast
RBraverman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Moon+Reader and Dropbox Error

Since yesterday, I've been getting a : "DropboxServerException (ngnix): 500 Internal Server Error"

Would seem to be a Dropbox error, but I can get into Dropbox with the Android App and other means, so I'm thinking M/R.

Any ideas? If the idea is to reinstall, what is the best way to get my settings and books back easily afterwards?

Ok, I backed it up to disk, cleared the cache and data, restored and it works ... dunno anymore with this thing.

BUT, I now realize that this tablet backs up to dropbox to a different folder then my other tablet, so that I can never really sync them - how do I fix THAT? One is to private, the other to apps?

Last edited by RBraverman; 01-12-2014 at 11:35 AM.
RBraverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I know that for awhile yesterday that dropbox was down, I am guessing for maintenance. When it did come up I had to log in to it again.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Dropbox has been down for me and lots of other people since Friday. They had that maintenance thing, someone claimed to have hacked them, dropbox denie it, but I haven't been able to connect all weekend, either on my tablet or on my computer.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
RBraverman
Enthusiast
RBraverman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
To all who replied - thank you. It wasn't Dropbox, as I had noted in the OP, I COULD get to it via browser or app, as well as on another tablet. On the other tablet, M/R looked at dropbox without problem.
Cleared cache/data, did a restore from disc and it connected to D/B w/o problem - will never know what happened.
My other problem - 2 different tablets and two different places they are storing backup's was cleared up (although I don't know and probably never will why it happened) - I deleted all the backup files from the folder I DIDN'T want and the program found the other set - so it looks all over D/B to find what it wants?

Last edited by RBraverman; 01-14-2014 at 02:54 PM.
RBraverman is offline   Reply With Quote