Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Traded in SGP5, now I can't delete device from GP store

I traded in my Samsung Galaxy Play 5 to Amazon and now I can not delete the device or apps from Google Play Store! Anyone else have this problem and can it be fixed?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I traded in my Samsung Galaxy Play 5 to Amazon and now I can not delete the device or apps from Google Play Store! Anyone else have this problem and can it be fixed?
I still have my Motorola Atrix 4G displayed, and I sold it 9 months ago. I don't think it hurts anything. I did a factory reset of the phone before selling it, but I never thought about it being registered as a device on Google Play and Amazon's Android store too until months later when I bought the Nexus 7.2.
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I still have my Motorola Atrix 4G displayed, and I sold it 9 months ago. I don't think it hurts anything. I did a factory reset of the phone before selling it, but I never thought about it being registered as a device on Google Play and Amazon's Android store too until months later when I bought the Nexus 7.2.
Yeah, I just noticed on Amazon under Android devices, never paid attention to, showed the SGP5. So I finally deleted it months later.

Because I deregistered my PW1 and reregistered with my Amazon account and it brought it up without re-entering on the device, so I got to thinking about the SGP5 might do the same thing! So I checked. You do need to deregister the Amazon products or it automatically registers to you even if you no longer own it. Not at all sure about the Android devices, but I think it does.

Last edited by new; 01-10-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

I found this article in the Google Support, Remove devices & add device nicknames. Apparently you can HIDE old devices from showing up in the Google Play Store menus. I cannot find anything on actually deregistering an old device, but this might unofficially do that.

I checked Amazon's app store and apparently I had already deregistered my old phone from there.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

After doing more research, everything I read says you cannot actually delete an old device (deregister) from the Google Play Store. You can only hide it. Typical Google crap. I think hiding it is sufficient to keep it from being used to purchase apps though. I hope so.
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
After doing more research, everything I read says you cannot actually delete an old device (deregister) from the Google Play Store. You can only hide it. Typical Google crap. I think hiding it is sufficient to keep it from being used to purchase apps though. I hope so.
I don't think the danger is in that device being able to purchase apps (your google id and pw are required for that). If I were the new owner of your SGP5 I'd be concerned that you could push an app to MY device.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
new

Quote:
Yeah, that is all I can find too, only "hide" a device. I can't even delete old apps on the GPS website.

At least we deleted the device from Amazon, where the cc is. It is not on the GPS at least.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I don't think the danger is in that device being able to purchase apps (your google id and pw are required for that). If I were the new owner of your SGP5 I'd be concerned that you could push an app to MY device.
I hope you have to sign on. When I reregistered the PW1 it automatically brought up my Amazon account, guess by the serial number.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I hope you have to sign on. When I reregistered the PW1 it automatically brought up my Amazon account, guess by the serial number.
I think you probably don't want to delete the apps from the Google Play Store records. Even though you bought them for a device you no longer have, you still own the apps and can DL them to you new device free. You already paid for them. If you could delete that purchase record, you would have to repurchase any of those apps you DLed to the new device. Ditto for Amazon Store. It is like the books you purchase from Amazon. If you permanently delete a book from the MMK page you no longer own it.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
new

Quote:
I think you probably don't want to delete the apps from the Google Play Store records. Even though you bought them for a device you no longer have, you still own the apps and can DL them to you new device free. You already paid for them. If you could delete that purchase record, you would have to repurchase any of those apps you DLed to the new device. Ditto for Amazon Store. It is like the books you purchase from Amazon. If you permanently delete a book from the MMK page you no longer own it.
What is DL?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
What is DL?
Oh sorry, I was being lazy. DL is an abbreviation for download.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #12
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I believe if you hide it after a certain amount of time it becomes removed from the account eventually I can't recall the timeframe though but it was pretty long like 8 months or a year or something similar.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote